4 Craft Ideas For Kids!
Here are four craft ideas for kids: Share these ideas from your childhood days with your kids, and have fun all over again!
Hurricane in a bottle? Kids love the thought of it. So, let them whip up a storm, with you lending a helping hand.
- Two soda bottles, large or small
- Steel washer with a small hole, that'll fit the bottle mouth
- Electrical tape
Craft Ideas For Kids Bottled Hurricane: What to do
- Fill three-fourths of a soda bottle with water.
- Place the washer on the bottle mouth, and wind tape all over and around it. Re-cut opening with knife.
- Place second bottle upside down, atop the washer. Tape it firmly in place.
- Flip the bottles so that the water-filled one is on top.
- Now, holding the lower bottle with one hand and the upper bottle with the other, move the upper bottle quickly in a wide circle, before the water comes down .
- You will find a hurricane whirling up!
Craft Ideas For Kids: Decorative Ceramic Tiles
- 6"x6" ceramic tile
- Four marbles
- White glue
- Permanent color markers (those that do not smear or wash off)
- Cover the work surface with a newspaper.
- Put your name and date on the back of the tile.
- Using markers, decorate the tiles. Let it dry.
- Flip tile over and on each corner, glue a marble firmly. Leave them to dry.
Tip: You can use the tiles, without marbles, as decorative tabletops, or wall pieces.
Craft Ideas For Kids: Personalized Bookmarks
- Poster board or card stock - any color
- Markers, stickers, color pencils, paints, crayons
- White glue
- Clear contact paper
- Small photograph, favorite poem, saying (optional)
What to do
- From the board or stock, cut out the bookmark in the required shape.
- Decorate the bookmark on one side, using markers, stickers, etc.
- Ask your kids to write a special message on the other side. They can even stick their photograph or scrawl their favorite song.
- Cover with contact paper.
Tip: Instead of contact paper, you can also get the bookmarks laminated.
Craft Ideas For Kids: Paper Lantern
Who hasn't had fun making this? Now, your kids will too.
- You need
- Construction paper
- White glue or tape
- Markers, crayons
- Tiny stickers, glitter (optional)
What to do:
- Take a square piece of construction paper and fold in half.
- Leaving, about ½"-1" clear space on the open edges, cut in even slashes along the folded side.
- Unfold the paper and decorate with markers or crayons. Add stickers or glitter.
- Roll paper lengthwise into a tube, such that the slashes run vertically.
- Glue or tape the paper edges to form the lantern.
- Press the lantern gently on the top and bottom to give it a better shape.
- Cut and glue a piece of paper (8"x1"), to the top inside of your lantern as a handle.
I hope you found these craft ideas for kids fun and helpful. Let us know!